La Bella 800R Black Nylon Tape Wound Electric Guitar Strings
La Bella Jazz Tapes® are the secret behind the sound of the best professional jazz players in the world. These strings are handcrafted with a proprietary black nylon tape, wound on a hexagonal core. The result is a flat and extremely smooth string, producing a warm, jazzy sound with zero finger noise. These professional Jazz Guitar Strings are made to fit archtops and hollow-body guitars, therefore are NOT suitable for standard solid body guitars with 25.5” or 24.75” scale like a Stratocaster or Les Paul model.
- Black Nylon Tape for warm, jazzy tone
- Tension: Regular
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .010, .013, .017, Black Nylon Tape .026W, .036, .046
- Wound length of 36″ (distance from ball-end to silk); only the silk portion should wrap around the tuning post
- Made in the USA with American Wire
- Packaged using MAP Technology (Modified Atmosphere Packaging) to prevent tarnishing and ensure freshness
- “Why can’t I use this set on a guitar with a standard scale?” These strings are really long because they are made to fit jazz guitars that have tailpieces. The strings are 36″ from ball-end to silk. The silk should clear the nut and only the silk should wrap around the tuning post. You can wrap the tape wound portion around the tuning post, but if the string is too long, you will have to leave the excess tape wound portion of the string on the guitar because you cannot cut the nylon. You can only cut the silk. If you cut the nylon, the string will unravel. Note that not all jazz guitars have tailpieces, so make sure you measure the distance on your guitar from where the ball-end is located to 1/4″ past the nut. If that distance is around 36″, then these tape wound sets will fit your guitar.